Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Candy Corn Match Game

Several of my students are really struggling with the concept of representing a number of objects with a numeral. We've only covered numbers 1-4 so far this year and I've only introduced the concept of representing a number of objects with a numeral in the past few weeks. I know that they will all eventually make progress in this area but in order for that to happen it needs to be practiced constantly.

I've worked over the past week to create several unit-based tasks for them to practice these skills. Most of the kids are still working with numerals 1 & 2 but I'm going ahead and creating tasks up to 10 and 20. Here is a task created to go with our Halloween week-long unit that we'll do the last week of the month. I'll use these during individual teaching sessions and as they master they'll be placed in their work stations.

{Candy Corn Number Match Game}

Each candy corn will be laminated and cut into thirds. The student will be asked to match each numeral with the amount and number word. Click on the picture above to purchase the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment